Chelsea Sack Commercial Director Over ‘Inappropriate Messages’
Chelsea said they have terminated the employment of commercial director, Damian Willoughby, with immediate effect. The English Premier League side said Willoughby’s sacking came after receiving evidence he had sent “inappropriate messages” before his appointment.
Willoughby began working at Chelsea earlier this month following the club’s take-over by an investment group led by Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital.
“Evidence of inappropriate messages sent by Mr. Willoughby, prior to his appointment at Chelsea FC earlier this month, has recently been provided to and investigated by the club,” a club spokesperson told Reuters.
“While they were sent prior to his employment at the club, such behaviour runs absolutely counter to the workplace environment and corporate culture being established by the club’s new ownership.”
Willoughby has yet to reply to a request for comment from Reuters. It was reported in British media that Willoughby had been sending the messages to a football finance agent from last year. The report added that Willoughby’s lawyers had declined to comment.
Makinde pledges support for Mouka Foam to site factory in Oyo
Tinubu appoints house of reps speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila as Chief-of-staff
‘I don’t beat my wife’, Seun Kuti denies allegations of domestic violence
Police officer remanded in prison for N123 Million fraud in Lagos
Explosion at LASUTH destroys offices, shops
Drum rolls as Bigi and Sosa Fruit Drink of Rite Foods Share exciting moments with Children in Lagos
10 things you didn’t know about Raymond Dokpesi
I wish Tinubu every success in guiding our country towards stability – NDDC Gov Board member
Fuel subsidy removal: FG to meet NLC today
Nigerians groan as fuel scarcity hit major cities
Join our Facebook Fan page
News2 weeks ago
Heavily pregnant Lagos woman stabs maid for disobeying her
News1 week ago
Nigerian man traumatised as scammer poses as his friend to defraud him of millions using AI
News4 weeks ago
Tinubu: Court adjourns hearing on Peter Obi’s petition till May 10
News1 week ago
Nigerian youtuber comes under severe fire over BBC interview